BCN3D Technologies, based in Castelldefels (Barcelona), is looking for an Electronics & Firmware Developer to work on the implementation of an electronics platform and its programming on an early stage 3D Printing project.
WHAT DO WE DO?
At BCN3D we aim to help innovators and creatives to change the world, providing them with the best possible experience to materialize their unique ideas.
BCN3D designs, manufactures and sells all over the world top-quality desktop-sized FFF 3D printers. We offer our customers a complete solution to their needs thanks to our products, worldly renowned for their versatility. However, BCN3D is also working on other projects and concepts to fulfill such mission in the mid-term.
In addition, BCN3D is driven by a pure Open Source working methodology, aimed to make the 3D printing technology accessible to the society, becoming an active player in its technological development.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
3D printing is such a complex technology which encompasses multiple disciplines, from mechanics to material science. Obviously, electronics play a key role in the equation, being mandatory not only to control the movement of the mechanical elements, but also to manage the many devices involved in the 3D printing process and its surrounding workflow.
For these reasons, BCN3D is looking for an Electronics & Firmware developer to set up an electronic platform and program it to perform complex printing processes.
WHAT WOULD YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
• Lead the physical integration of existing Open Source electronics platforms into a new range of products.
• Adapt and develop the firmware to run the mechanical and printing routines.
• Define, plan and lead the design of reliable, cost-effective and high-quality different peripheral devices.
• Design and simulate schematics, design PCB layouts and validate prototypes.
YOUR SKILL SET
• You have a strong analytical and solid technical background.
• You are self-driven and proactive.
• You have a strong eye to detail.
• You are a team worker, with experience working within multidisciplinary teams.
• You are a hands-on person, versatile to adapt to multiple scenarios.
• You are an out-of-the-box thinker.
• You feel comfortable in a high-uncertainty environment.
• You are flexible and able to work under pressure.
• You got a BSc or MSc in Electronics or Telecommunications Engineering or related field.
• You have a relevant track record designing or implementing hardware systems.
• Relevant experience programming microcontrollers with C/C++
• Knowledge of communications protocols I2C, SPI, CANbus, UART,…
• Design and simulation skills (Eagle, Kicad, SPICE,…)
• Familiarity and experience with laboratory bench equipment and debugging tools including oscilloscopes, logic analyzer signal generators, etc
• Definitely a plus: 3D printing experience
Do you want to be part of a young, innovative, multidisciplinary, passionate and highly motivated team? Then, BCN3D, a leader in the desktop 3D printing industry, is your place. Boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills in an inspiring startup environment.
Please, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating ELECTRONICS & FIRMWARE DEVELOPER to email@example.com