BCN3D Technologies, based in Castelldefels (Barcelona), is looking for an Internship – Firmware Developer to work on the design of cutting-edge features for desktop 3D printers.
WHAT DO WE DO?
At BCN3D we aim to help innovators and creatives to change the world, providing them with the best possible experience to materialize their unique ideas.
BCN3D designs, manufactures and sells all over the world top-quality desktop-sized FFF 3D printers. We offer our customers a complete solution to their needs thanks to our products, worldly renowned for their versatility.
In addition, BCN3D is driven by a pure Open Source working methodology, aimed to make the 3D printing technology accessible to the society, becoming an active player in its technological development.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
3D printing is such a complex technology which encompasses multiple disciplines, from mechanics to material science. In order to allow a wider technology embracement, it is necessary to ease the 3D Printing workflow and printer operation.
Therefore, the development of smart features to make products ready for the industry 4.0 paradigm are mandatory. For this reason, BCN3D is looking for Firmware developer to join the Engineering team responsible for the design and development of the next generation printer features.
WHAT WOULD YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
• Build simple solutions to complex problems using actuators, sensors and firmware scripts.
• Integrate sensors and devices into a product under development.
• Define and implement communication protocols.
• Collaborate in the firmware integration of a Linux-based SBC into a complex product.
• Define and integrate a custom GUI.
YOUR SKILL SET
• You have a strong analytical and solid technical background.
• You are self-driven and proactive.
• You have a strong eye to detail.
• You are a team worker, with experience working within multidisciplinary teams.
• You are a hands-on person, versatile to adapt to multiple scenarios.
• You are an out-of-the-box thinker.
• You feel comfortable in a high-uncertainty environment.
• You are flexible and able to work under pressure.
• You got a BSc or MSc in Electronics or Telecommunications Engineering or related field• Engineering or related field.
• Relevant experience programming microcontrollers with C/C++
• Knowledge of communications protocols: I2C, SPI, CANbus, UART,…
• You comprehend modern operating systems, especially Linux.
• You’ve worked with Raspberry Pi or similar Linux-based SBCs.
• Definitely a plus: 3D printing experience.
Do you want to be part of a young, innovative, multidisciplinary, passionate and highly motivated team? Then, BCN3D, a leader in the desktop 3D printing industry, is your place. Boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills in an inspiring startup environment.
Please, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating INTERNSHIP – FIRMWARE DEVELOPER to firstname.lastname@example.org