BCN3D Technologies, based in Castelldefels (Barcelona), is looking for a Materials Engineer to work on the design of global solutions for desktop 3D printing equipment.
WHAT DO WE DO?
At BCN3D we aim to help innovators and creatives to change the world, providing them with the best possible experience to materialize their unique ideas.
BCN3D designs, manufactures and sells all over the world top-quality desktop-sized FFF 3D printers. We offer our customers a complete solution to their needs thanks to our products, worldly renowned for their versatility.
In addition, BCN3D is driven by a pure Open Source working methodology, aimed to make the 3D printing technology accessible to the society, becoming an active player in its technological development.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
3D printing is such a complex technology which encompasses multiple engineering disciplines. Its real potential, however, relies on the existence of material capable to perform as the users require. To overcome this bottleneck it is important, not only to design and optimize material formulation but also to take care of the pre-process and post-process of the material.
For these reasons, BCN3D is looking for a Material Engineer, who will take the lead on the definition of requirements and strategy to follow across the whole printing process, as well as its validation.
WHAT WOULD YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
• Define pre-processing and post-processing requirements for different 3D Printing materials.
• Define and coordinate the testing and validation protocols.
• Cooperate with our material partners in the testing and validation procedures.
• Work with a team of diverse engineers and technicians characterize materials and develop print settings.
• Work with hardware and software engineers to optimize printing performance.
YOUR SKILL SET
• You have a strong analytical and solid technical background.
• You are self-driven and proactive.
• You have a strong eye to detail.
• You are passionate about testing and troubleshooting, not afraid to test hundreds of times.
• You can effectively communicate complex concepts to non-technical co-workers.
• You are a hands-on person, versatile to adapt to multiple scenarios.
• You feel comfortable in a high-uncertainty environment.
• You are flexible and able to work under pressure.
• You got a BSc or MSc in Materials or Chemical Engineering, or related field.
• You have a relevant track record working with polymers.
• You can design and conduct rigorous experiments to optimize materials.
• You are familiar with lab equipment.
• You love to harness data and statistical tools to improve results.
• Fluent in English.
• Definitely a plus: 3D printing experience.
Do you want to be part of a young, innovative, multidisciplinary, passionate and highly motivated team? Then, BCN3D, a leader in the desktop 3D printing industry, is your place. Boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills in an inspiring startup environment.
Please, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating MATERIALS ENGINEER to firstname.lastname@example.org