BCN3D Technologies, based in Castelldefels (Barcelona), is looking for a Product Engineer, within the R&D Organization, providing life-cycle support of existing products.
WHAT DO WE DO?
At BCN3D we design, manufacture and sell all over the world top-quality desktop-sized FFF 3D printers. We aim to help innovators and creatives to change the world, providing them with the best possible experience to materialize their unique ideas.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
The product lifecycle spans multiple stages: from its conception to the latest steps of its service. Therefore, maintaining a product is a complex project that lasts several years. Even in a mature product, the Engineering Team collects a constant stream of work to be assessed, executed and implemented to warranty the successful performance of the product.
For these reasons, BCN3D is looking for a Product Engineer who will be oriented both to mechanical design and manage the changes to be implemented across the organization: Plan the execution of the changes, be part of the mechanical development team, control the costs associated and follow up the implementation of those changes.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Coordination of weekly follow-up meeting: assessment of technical assignments, creation and follow tasks with your colleagues of Engineering and Process & Quality in order to warranty the implementation of each task by all the actors.
• Preparing product forecast to ensure production and supply timelines.
• Look after the whole change implementation, from Marketing to Production.
• Exhaustive control of given KPI’s, such as unity costs, times, etc.
• Exhaustive control of given Product Structure and BOM.
• Product enhancements Implementation, release Product updates to manufacturing, based on resolving product defects, implementing product cost optimizations/reductions, resolving component obsolescence issues, resolving manufacturing issues.
• Mechanical design with SolidWorks software, integrated within Engineering team. (50% of the time).
THE SKILL SET
• You have a designing for manufacturing orientation
• You have an analytical and solid technical background
• You feel comfortable with negotiation with multiple actors (internal client).
• You are a playmaker, good at working with others in a cross-functional group
• You are proactive and self-driven. Able to prioritize and smoothly manage multiple tasks.
• You have strong presentation and communication skills
• Creative thinking
• BSc or MSc in mechanical, industrial or related field
• Mechanical design with SolidWorks software (NX or Creo will be admitted too): knowledge of Solid, Assemble, Surface and Draft features.
• Definitely a plus: 3D printing experience & Experience with any kind of PDM/PLM software
Do you want to be part of an innovative, multidisciplinary and passionate team? Then, BCN3D, a leader in the desktop 3D printing industry, is your place. Boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills in an inspiring environment. Join us and leave your mark on the world!
Pease, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating PRODUCT ENGINEER to firstname.lastname@example.org